Sunday, November 27, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #17

#17. "Do I Wanna Know?” – Arctic Monkeys
Released: 19/6/13
Album: AM

So as you may know there’s a cap on three songs per artist in this Top 100 listing and this is the final song by the Arctic Monkeys featured. It’s also the third song from the album “AM”, which shows you how damn good that album was, or at the very least how good the singles were. “Do I Wanna Know” is just such a sexy song. That riff, no matter how simple it is, is just gorgeous. In actual fact the whole song is quite simple but incredibly effective. In a certain way it reminds me of “Seven Nation Army” by the White Stripes in the respect that you just have a plain but memorable riff along with the vocals as the key to the track, everything else while fantastic acts as cherry on top rather than a fundamental part of the music process. It’s a wonderful track and when I first heard it I just could not stop listening to it because once it got into my head it took a long time to leave. And that my friends, is a sign of a magnificent track.

Here's the video if you want to hear it!

If you missed #18 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment