Saturday, November 26, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #18

#18. "Jack Sparrow” – The Lonely Island and Michael Bolton
Released: 7/5/11
Album: Turtleneck and Chain
How the heck is this song 5 years old? I hate growing older, time moves WAY too fast. Anyway this song is just hilarious. Unfortunately it’s one of those songs that lose its impact as time goes on but I’m telling you, the first time I heard it, the first time I saw the video, I belly laughed so hard. Never in a million years would I thought Michael Bolton would not only do something so funny, but to completely steal the show away from three legitimately hilarious people in The Lonely Island takes some doing. A massive part of why this song is so good is the video. In fact, if I never saw the video I probably wouldn’t have liked it anywhere near as much as I do. There’s a reason why I placed it at #36 in my all-time favourite music videos. It’s just simply one of the funniest songs probably ever really in my eyes, I love it that much.

Here's the video if you want to hear it!
If you missed #19 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment