Tuesday, August 09, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #28

#28. "Get Up!" – KoRn (feat. Skrillex)
Released: 6/5/11
Album: The Path of Totality

So my favourite single by KoRn in this five year period we’re covering is the first single off the experiment dubstep/metal album, The Path of Totality. I can’t believe this album is five years old now. Anyhoo, so while this was the first single off the album, it wasn’t the “main” single, that honour goes to “Narcissistic Cannibal” which you may remember got to #61 on this list. For me though, this is a far stronger song, not only does it sound heavier than “Narcissistic Cannibal”, but I also think the dubstep sounds better too. I’ve never personally understood why the other song was either promoted more, or “preferred” per se, but nevermind. If there’s one song in my opinion that you need to listen to when it comes to the very debatable dubstep/metal album by KoRn, it’s this one. I personally loved that album, but it’s really one of those things – you need to hear it yourself to make your own judgement on it.
Here's the video if you want to hear it!

 If you missed #29 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment