Saturday, April 09, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #42

#42. “Berzerk" – Eminem
Released: 27/8/13
Album: The Marshall Mathers LP 2


For a long time I preferred "Berzerk" to Rap God. Does that mean "Rap God" is higher on my list? Clearly, but you'll have to find out how high it got.

"Berzerk" was the first song I'd heard off the Marshall Mathers LP 2 album and I liked it straight away. I love how Eminem likes to use rockier sounds in his music, and the samples from Billy Squier and The Beastie Boys are just awesome. And you just knew that Rick Rubin was behind the track as soon as you heard it. In fairness the sequel to the Marshall Mathers LP does a grand job generally and "Berzerk" was definitely one of the highlights of the album and is one of Eminem's most kick-ass tracks he's ever done.

Here's the video if you want to hear it!

If you missed #43 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment