Saturday, February 27, 2016

My Top 100 Favourite Songs 2010-14 Edition: #84

#84. “On Top of the World" – Imagine Dragons
Released: 18/3/13
Album: Night Visions

It's funny, because for a long time I actually didn't know this song was Imagine Dragons! I heard this song a lot, and it ended up being one of this lovely radio friendly songs that you liked to listen to but didn't actually invest time to discovering more about, or at least that's what it was like for me. And then, someone requested the song on one of my radio shows and I was just like "oh my god, it's that song!". And the rest is history.

"On Top of the World" is simply just one of the happiest, positive thinking, lovely songs of the decade so far. Especially considering it's an indie track, it's just such an uplifting song, hence why it's been used a lot in the media, like in FIFA, a Samsung Galaxy advert and the movie The Incredible Burt Wonderstone. It's just a cool track that's very fresh and... just lovely.

Here's the music video if you want to hear it!

If you missed #85 go here.

For the latest updates on my work, including all my latest radio shows, follow me on Facebook and Twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment