Wednesday, June 10, 2015

My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos: #3

#3: "Rabbit in Your Headlights" - UNKLE (feat. Thom Yorke)
Release Date: 1998
Director: Jonathan Glazer
Fun Fact: The title of the track and lots of the sampling in the song are from the 1990 film "Jacob's Ladder"!
This is the second and last video on the list directed by Jonathan Glazer, the other was "Virtual Insanity" by Jamirquai, that got to #83 in my list!

So this is probably the video highest up the list that is unlikely that you've seen. And that's one of the reasons why I did this list. Sure, it's to show you my favourite music videos, but it's also to put the spotlight on some videos that are absolutely underappreciated, or in this case, are too obscure and chances are you haven't seen it.


For a video that isn't even on YouTube properly (there is half the proper video on there, and another video that uses a mixture of the real video and some "behind the scenes" style footage), this video has done quite well for itself. It has won numerous awards and is often considered one of the best music videos of all time... to those who have seen it. I actually tried to upload the video on to YouTube myself but it got immediately blocked. It's really annoying - the video deserves to be up on YouTube for your viewing pleasure but for some reason, whether it's the music director or the record label or if its UNKLE themselves, the video just isn't on there.

Anyway, so... yes. This is one of my favourite videos of all time. I could explain what happens in the video but I'd rather you just watch it. I will say this though. When life knocks you down, over and over again, get yourself back up and kick life in the face.
Note: This is the third and last video from the year 1998 in this list.




Here is the video for your enjoyment!

Click here to see #2 on the list or here for #4! 

No comments:

Post a Comment