Wednesday, May 06, 2015

My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos: #39

#39: "Stay" - Shakespears Sister
Release Date: 1992
Director: Sophie Muller
Fun Fact: The video was inspired by 1953 film "Cat Women of the Moon"!
This may be a surprise to many of you that I even like this song, never mind the video. But, like a lot of the videos on the list, this video brings me right back to my childhood. Besides, even if you don't like the song, unless you understand the video you may not appreciate it.

It's a fantastic video that can be interpreted in a few different ways; two women fighting over a man is one of them. My favourite and my personal take on it is actually between life and death. This man is comatose and you could argue that Marcella Detroit represents life and Siobhan Fahey represents death. It's literally a tug of war battle between the man dying and living, and in the end life wins. It's just a great video that still to this day gives me goosebumps, even if it is a little dated looking back on it over 20 years later. 


Here is the video for your enjoyment!

Click here to see #38 on the list or here for #40!

No comments:

Post a Comment