Thursday, May 21, 2015

My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos: #23

#23: "Knights of Cydonia" - Muse
Release Date: 2006
Director: Joseph Kahn
Fun Fact: There's LOADS of references in the video to other movies, at least 16 movies in fact, including Star Wars, The Matrix, Planet of the Apes and many, MANY more!
Joseph Kahn also directed "Without Me" by Eminem, which got to #42 in my list, as well as many MANY videos. Check out this list for all the amazing videos he's done!

What to say about this video? It has so much going on in it, and it suits the song so perfectly. I heard this song before I saw the video, when I got the "Black Holes and Revelations" album, and I always imagined what the video would look like. You just know, listening to the song, that it's going to be a western inspired video, but because Muse love sci-fi and space and shit so much, you weren't quite sure how they'd include all of that into the video.

Well... you can't be disappointed. The amount of sci-fi in the video is insane considering it's a spaghetti western themed video. And it looks just so damn great, and the way they work the band into the video is fantastic too, being jukebox holograms from the future... if that make sense! I just love this video so much, it truly is one of my favourites of all time and it's definitely my favourite Muse video.


Here is the video for your enjoyment!

Click here to see #22 on the list or here for #24!

No comments:

Post a Comment