Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos: #18

#18: "Underground" - David Bowie
Release Date: 1986
Director: Steve Barron
Fun Fact: The song is the main theme from the cult classic film "Labyrinth", and the video features loads of characters from the film!
When I talk about all the videos that remind me of my childhood... I can't say there's many stronger images than this video, when thinking back. This video used to give me nightmares... good nightmares looking back.

When I speak to many people around my age (mid twenties if you must know) they go on about how much they love the film Labyrinth. It may be a shocker to you but... I've never been a big fan of the film. I don't know why, it never resonated with me much as a kid, and I only really appreciate it now because my daughter loves it and my girlfriend does.

Which is quite funny actually when you think about the fact that I absolutely love this video. It's full to the brim of Labyrinth. It's every homage to Labyrinth needed. It's funny though, not many people who love that film have seen this video. It's kind of a hidden gem really, which is a shame because it's a damn amazing video. So I implore to you - watch this video if you love Labyrinth. You won't be disappointed.
Note: This is the third and last video from the year 1986 in this list.


Here is the video for your enjoyment!

Click here to see #17 on the list or here for #19!

No comments:

Post a Comment