Wednesday, May 27, 2015

My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos: #17

#17: "Everlong" - Foo Fighters
Release Date: 1997
Director: Michel Gondry
Fun Fact: This is legendary talk show host David Letterman's favourite song, he had heart surgery in the year 2000 and he cites it as a song that "helped him get through" his recovery. Last week on the last ever episode of the David Letterman Show, the band played the song at the end of the show!
This is also the third and final video directed by Michel Gondry on my list, the other two where tracks by the White Stripes - "Seven Nation Army" which got to #55 and "Fell in Love With a Girl" which got to #63!

Man, I love this video. I love the Foo Fighters. I said earlier when I introduced "White Limo" which got to #28, choosing three videos by this band is hard. I could honestly say possibly ten tracks by this band could have made my list if I never set the caps on.

"Everlong" is actually quite a dark video. Yet it has some hilarious moments. The whole "massive hand" thing is very bizarre but it's so funny and awesome. Don't lie, you wish you could increase the size of your hand by four times and slap the shit into people!! I wish I could anyway!

And the best part of the video for me, is when Dave Grohl gets the wooden nunchuck-like things, whips them about for about six seconds to look badass, then drops them and uses his massive hand anyway! It's just a hilarious part of the video... but as I said it's truly quite a dark video as well. A world within a world where evil huntsmen are after Dave Grohl's girlfriend (played by the great drummer Taylor Hawkins), and chasing them between the two worlds. Also Dave Grohl makes a heck of a good punk. I think that's it when it comes to my thoughts on this amazing video! Watch it again if you haven't seen it recently... or at all!


Here is the video for your enjoyment!

Click here to see #16 on the list or here for #18!

No comments:

Post a Comment