Tuesday, March 31, 2015

My Top 100 Favourite Music Videos: #75

#75: "Fat" - Weird Al Yankovic
Release Date: 1988
Director: Jay Levey
Fun Fact: This is the second and last video directed by Jay Levey on this list, the other one was "Poison" by Alice Cooper!
There's so many Weird Al videos to choose from to feature in my Top 100 but, as the rules I've set state in the first post in this list, I'm only choosing a maximum of three per artist (bar collaborations etc).

"Fat" was the best video by Weird Al in the Eighties. I don't mind telling you I've chosen one song from each decade (apart from this current one) for the Polka Parody Legend. This video is just hilarious from start to finish. I love the opening lines (my favourite being "ding dong man, ding dong, ding dong y'all"), I love the fat suits, I love the close-up of his face (that Michael Jackson also does in the original) and how it turns into Weird Al somehow floating mid-air handing onto the actual camera itself. I love the running across the parking lot, only for the cameraman to be too fast for the fat dudes to catch up (also, loving the shouting of "HO!", only for a garden hoe to be placed in Al's hand). It's just one of the best funny videos ever and I love putting it on once in a while, and it always seems fresh whenever I watch it infrequently.

Note: This is the second and last video from the year 1988 in this list.

Here's the video for your enjoyment!

Click here to see #74 on the list or here for #76!

No comments:

Post a Comment