Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mixtape: Best of Teenage Angst II

Hey there and welcome to another one of my Mixtapes. This is different however. This is the first time I've remade a Mixtape. Best of Teenage Angst II? Yes, because six years ago I made the Best of Teenage Angst. It was one of my first ever Mixtapes, possibly even the first. Click here to see it.


So why have I remade my Mixtape? Well I listened to it recently and looked at the list of songs, and I just thought it looked wrong. It looked a little dated in some ways; some of the songs were popular back in 2006 and have not really been as good. Obviously songs from the eighties live on, but modern songs die quickly, some of them do anyway. And also, I was looking at some of the songs and wondering what the logic was behind their selections? Johnny Mercyside of six years ago made some odd choices. For instance, why "Killing in the Name" by Rage Against the Machine? That song isn't a song about teenage angst. Is it a rebellion 'fuck you' song? Yes. But that's because they're sticking two fingers up at a lot of problems with the world. They weren't whining about things that weren't fair for kids. They were being adults. I could talk about other songs that aren't in the new list but I'd be here for a while.


So this is the NEW Best of Teenage Angst. New and improved. What is the logic behind the selections of these songs? Well either the lyrical content is a little immature, or aimed at young teenagers. Songs like "I Hate People" by Anti-Nowhere League is an example about how silly the lyrical content is. But then you have "I'm Eighteen" by Alice Cooper in here, a song that deals with the dilemmas of teenage life. "I'm a boy and I'm a man, I'm eighteen and I get confused everyday". So hopefully that explains it.


Don't know much about Mixtapes? Here are the rules. 


A Mixtape is a playlist of a certain genre, band or era. The list is generally 80 minutes long, the same length of a blank CD, with further recommendations if some of the songs aren't to your taste. Remember kids, downloading is wrong! 


So here we go! Best of Teenage Angst II! Also, this Mixtape is now available to listen to fully on YouTube so subscribe to me if you want to listen to it properly.
  1. Fight for Your Right - Beastie Boys
  2. I Don't Want to Grow Up - The Ramones
  3. Don't Dictate - Penetration
  4. Anarchy in the U.K. - Sex Pistols
  5. I Hate People - Anti-Nowhere League
  6. Institutionalized - Suicidal Tendencies
  7. I'm Eighteen - Alice Cooper
  8. United States of Whatever - Liam Lynch
  9. Threw it on the Ground - The Lonely Island
  10. Creep - Radiohead
  11. Get Free - The Vines
  12. She Hates Me - Puddle of Mudd
  13. Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit
  14. Last Resort - Papa Roach
  15. I'm So Sad, So Very Very Sad/We Hate You Please Die - Crash and the Boys
  16. I Love to Say Fuck - The Murderdolls
  17. Right Now - KoRn
  18. I Hate People Like That - Jerk
  19. I Don't Wanna Be Me - Type O Negative
  20. The Biggest and the Best - Clawfinger
  21. Walk - Pantera
  22. Duality - Slipknot
  23. Die MF Die - Dope
  24. Down with the Sickness - Disturbed
Don't like some of these? Give these five a try...
  1. My Generation - The Who
  2. You'll Rebel to Anything - Mindless Self Indulgence
  3. Killin' Me - Drowning Pool
  4. Sic Transit Gloria… Glory Fades - Brand New
  5. Everywhere I Go - Hollywood Undead
Red Font - Was in 'Best of Teenage Angst I'
Orange Font - Artist was featured in 'Best of Teenage Angst I', but song has changed

So that's the new and improved Best of Teenage Angst! What songs can you think of that makes you think of teenage life, for good or bad? Comment below. Also do you think it's a better list of songs? Let me know. That's it from me, have a good day!

For the latest updates on my work, 'like' me on Facebook here!

1 comment: