Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mixtape: Best of Non-Single Muse

Hallo and welcome to another one of my Mixtapes. I haven't often done this concept of doing artist based Mixtapes as I find it a bit of a cop-out in a certain ways as it's a lot easier to create them than to think of certain genres or eras, they take more creativity and have more diversity. But in complete honesty I'm running out of Mixtape ideas that I know I can successfully pull off. So for the moment, I'm not going to announce any more Mixtapes and when I can think of a good one to do, I'll just post one without warning. If I can't think of any after a while I'll just bust out one of these "non-single" band Mixtapes, as they're easy to do and they're still good quality, providing you like the band. If you haven't seen them already, I've already done Best Non-Single Mixtapes of Nirvana and The Queens of the Stone Age, so if you like those bands check those Mixtapes out, they're really good (I think!).


Anyway, so this is my list of Muse songs that were not singles. It's a good list of songs, but the list overall isn't stellar. Why? Because Muse often choose very good singles. Take my Queens of the Stone Age Mixtape by comparison (link above). TQotSA bring out decent singles but save some absolute gems on their albums. Muse do have some belters on their albums, but quite often the best songs are often singles. So overall, I enjoyed this Mixtape, enjoyed playing it, but I do prefer my TQotSA Mixtape. But each to their own. To put simply, if you like Muse, you'll like this Mixtape. If you're interested in hearing some of their best songs that aren't singles, give these songs are go. They're what I think are the best.


Not familiar with my Mixtapes? Here are the rules.

A Mixtape is a playlist of a certain genre, band or era. The list is generally 80 minutes long, the same length of a blank CD, with further recommendations if some of the songs aren't to your taste. Remember kids, downloading is wrong! 

In brackets are the albums each track is taken from. Hulabaloo, if you didn't know, was a 2CD album, the first CD was rarities and B-sides, and the second CD was live. It's a good CD, worth getting if you've heard Muse's other albums and want more of their sound. So without further delay, enjoy the Mixtape!
  1. Take a Bow (Black Holes and Revelations)
  2. The Small Print (Absolution)
  3. Citizen Erased (Origin of Symmetry)
  4. Recess (Hullabaloo)
  5. United States of Eurasia (The Resistance)
  6. Falling Down (Showbiz)
  7. Soldier's Poem (Black Holes and Revelations)
  8. Map of Your Head (Hullabaloo)
  9. Micro Cuts (Origin of Symmetry)
  10. Showbiz (Showbiz)
  11. Unnatural Selection (The Resistance)
  12. Forced In (Hullabaloo)
  13. Fillip (Showbiz)
  14. Dark Shines (Origin of Symmetry)
  15. Assassin (Black Holes and Revelations)
  16. I Belong to You/Mon Coeur S'Ouvre A Ta Voix (The Resistance)
  17. Endlessly (Absolution)
Don't like some of these? Give these five a try...
  1. Exo-Politics (Black Holes and Revelations)
  2. Nature1 (Hullabaloo)
  3. Sober (Showbiz)
  4. Guiding Light (The Resistance)
  5. Space Dementia (Origin of Symmetry)
So I hope you enjoy this list. Do you have any suggestions of Mixtapes to do in future? If so, comment below. As I said earlier I won't be doing as many Mixtapes in future, at least for the moment, as I'm out of ideas. But they'll still be done, and I hope you enjoy them. If you didn't know I actually make these playlists myself, give it a go yourself, I put these Mixtapes together, I put the effort in for a reason! That's it from me, have a good evening and take care.

For the latest updates on my work, 'like' me on Facebook here!

No comments:

Post a Comment