Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Noughtie: Best of 2001 (Mixtape)


Hey again, we're on Part 4 of the Noughtie series. This is the second Mixtape, celebrating the year of 2001 in rock and metal. This is personally one of my favourite years of the decade by the way. Once again let me explain what a Mixtape is.
A Mixtape is a playlist of a certain genre, band or era. The list is generally 80 minutes long, the same length of a blank CD, with further recommendations if some of the songs aren't to your taste. Remember kids, downloading is wrong! There was some great stuff this year, Nu-Metal was really booming and I was a fan as a kid of this new breed of rap metal. Anyway, here we go.
  1. Smooth Criminal - Alien Ant Farm
  2. Whatever Happened to My Rock 'n' Roll (Punk Song) - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
  3. Macy's Day Parade - Green Day
  4. New Born - Muse
  5. Weapon of Choice - Fatboy Slim
  6. Tribute - Tenacious D
  7. Hash Pipe - Weezer
  8. Papercut - Linkin Park
  9. Shinobi vs. Dragon Ninja - Lostprophets
  10. New Disease - Spineshank
  11. Halo - Soil
  12. Deep - Nine Inch Nails
  13. Killing the Fly - The Union Underground
  14. Chop Suey! - System of a Down
  15. How I Could Just Kill a Man - Rage Against the Machine
  16. The Fight Song - Marilyn Manson
  17. Sonne - Rammstein
  18. Bombshell - Powerman 5000
  19. Bodies - Drowning Pool
  20. Down with the Sickness - Disturbed
Don't like some of these songs? Try these five:
  1. Between Angels and Insects - Papa Roach
  2. Fat Lip - Sum 41
  3. Boiler - Limp Bizkit
  4. Feel So Numb - Rob Zombie
  5. Alive - P.O.D.
Well there we go, the best songs from 2001 in my opinion. Just in case you didn't realise, you can see the songs I'm placing in these mixtapes in my personal Top 100 listing that will be posted after these mixtapes and articles. What songs will make the Top 100? I'm not telling, of course. I'll be back on Thursday with my next listing, which talks about 10 artists who don't make music anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment