Friday, January 28, 2011

Noughtie: Best of 2000 (Mixtape)


Hey again, we're on Part 2 of the Noughtie series. This is the first mixtape, the first of 10, where I choose my favourite songs from the year 2000. The only rule is I'm not allowing more than one song per artist in the list. Not familiar with my Mixtapes? Let me explain.
A Mixtape is a playlist of a certain genre, band or era. The list is generally 80 minutes long, the same length of a blank CD, with further recommendations if some of the songs aren't to your taste. Remember kids, downloading is wrong! So this is a Mixtape celebrating the great music from the year 2000, obviously this is a biased list but I'm sure it will be a good read, you may have forgotten about some of these songs as they're now 10 to 11 years old.
  1. Hate to Say I Told You So - The Hives
  2. Minority - Green Day
  3. Bohemian Like You - Dandy Warhols
  4. Next Year - Foo Fighters
  5. The Way I Am - Eminem
  6. B.O.B. - OutKast
  7. Renegades of Funk - Rage Against the Machine
  8. Mope - Bloodhound Gang
  9. American Bad Ass - Kid Rock
  10. Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit
  11. Bitches - Mindless Self Indulgence
  12. Scum of the Earth - Rob Zombie
  13. Gimme - Alice Cooper
  14. I Disappear - Metallica
  15. Voices - Disturbed
  16. 96 Quite Bitter Beings - CKY
  17. Turn Me On Mr. Deadman - The Union Underground
  18. Feel Good Hit of the Summer - The Queens of the Stone Age
  19. Disposable Teens - Marilyn Manson
  20. Starfuckers, Inc. - Nine Inch Nails
Don't like some of these songs? Try these five:
  1. Purple Pills - D12
  2. Otherside - Red Hot Chili Peppers
  3. Gravel Pit - The Wu-Tang Clan
  4. The Bitch Song - Bowling for Soup
  5. Butterfly - Crazy Town
Well if this is your first experience of my Mixtapes don't fret, there are 9 more to go! Are there songs from the year 2000 not listed here you want to mention? What were your favourite songs? I'll be back on Sunday with my second listing, a pessimistic one about 10 artists I really don't like. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. the only one i don't know is cky (maybe i do) so id replace that with purple pills most likely. im so looking forward to the rest of your article :) xxx

    ReplyDelete